Organic Seed Growers Conference
The biennial Organic Seed Growers Conference is a unique opportunity to trade knowledge, techniques, and ideas that strengthen the larger organic seed community – it’s the only event of its kind!
Save the date to join us February 14-17, 2018, in Corvallis, Oregon.
The Organic Seed Growers Conference brings together hundreds of farmers, plant breeders, researchers, certifiers, food companies, seed companies, and other stakeholders for a full agenda of presentations, panel discussions, and networking events. The first day includes farm tours and short courses prior to the full conference. More details are coming soon.
Who attends this conference?
- Farmers, seed producers, plant breeders, and researchers working in organic seed systems
- Seed companies selling organic seed or looking to enter the organic sector
- Organic and non-organic farmers and seed producers interested in organic seed production
- University extension looking to expand organic seed education and outreach
- Farmers interested in on-farm plant breeding
- Organic certifiers interested in learning about organic seed availability and related issues
- Government employees involved in plant breeding or related research and education
- Government employees engaged in food, farm, and rural policy
- Non-government seed advocacy, research, and education organizations
- Food companies, cooperatives, and processors in the organic sector
What are some examples of past panel and presentation topics?
The conference committee will select presenters from a pool of professionals in the organic seed community following a call for proposals in April 2017. Presenters are leaders in the organic seed community, ranging from university breeders and seed suppliers to farmers who produce organic seed. Our presenters represent diverse areas of expertise and regions, both in the US and internationally.
Past agenda items have included seed production practices and economics; breeding projects focused on organic systems and markets; creative models for regional seed networks; and timely policy topics focused on growing the organic seed trade.
When does registration open?Registration will open in September 2017.
Can my business/organization sponsor this event?
Yes! Sponsorship is essential to the success of this conference. For more information, contact Cathleen McCluskey by email or (360) 472-0247.
“OSA is a convener, partner, and leader in creating the alternative -- a regionally based seed system by us and for us. Collaboration in their spinach breeding work has given me hands-on experience through which I've gained both skills and confidence as a seed grower.”
Common Ground Farm