Micaela Colley leads OSA’s research and education programs focused on organic seed production and organic plant breeding. She is the author of several publications. Micaela frequently teaches and speaks on organic seed topics and collaborates on research projects nationally. Micaela is also pursuing a PhD focused on organic and participatory plant breeding under Dr. Edith Lammerts van Bueren at Wageningen University in the Netherlands.
- Colley, M., Tracy, W.F., Lammerts van Bueren, E., Diffley, M., & Almekinders, C.J.M. (2022). How the seed of participatory plant breeding found its way in the world through adaptive management. Sustainability, 14: 2132. doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/su14042132
- Colley, M., Dawson, J., McCluskey, C., Myers, J., Tracy, W., & Lammerts van Bueren, E. (2021). Exploring the emergence of participatory plant breeding in countries of the Global North – a review. The Journal of Agricultural Science, 1-19. doi:10.1017/S0021859621000782.
- Lyon, A., Tracy, W.F., Colley, M., Culbert, P, Mazourek, M., Myers, J., Zystro, J, & Silva, E.M. (2018). Adaptability Analysis in a Participatory Variety Trial of Organic Vegetable Crops. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems: 1-17. doi: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1742170518000583
- Zystro, Jared, Micaela Colley, and Julie Dawson. 2018. Alternative Experimental Designs for Plant Breeding. Plant Breeding Reviews 42: 87-117.
- Buttala L., J. Zystro, M. Colley, and S. Siegel. 2015. The Seed Garden. Seed Savers Exchange, Decorah.