OSA invites you to help shape the 9th Organic Seed Growers Conference by providing proposals for content. This is your opportunity to share important research and ask timely questions related to organic seed. The conference is the largest organic seed event in the U.S. and provides a two-day agenda of presentations, panel discussions, and networking events. We welcome your proposals for presentations, workshops, posters, panels, and roundtables. Save the date to join us February 14-17, 2018, in Corvallis, Oregon!
The 9th Organic Seed Growers Conference theme is Synergy that Sustains. This year’s theme reflects an emphasis on developing collaborative networks, cooperative production and business models, and a diversity of approaches to advancing organic seed systems. While we welcome a diversity of proposals, those that fit the following categories are encouraged:
Tops reflecting 2017 theme, “Synergy that Sustains”:
- Regional, national, and international seed networks
- Innovative business models, including examples of seed cooperatives
- Collaborative research, education, and advocacy initiatives
Topics that reflect ongoing conference priorities:
- Advancements in organic plant breeding
- Breeding for resiliency and biodiversity, including to mitigate the impacts of climate change
- Farmer-led breeding projects
- New models for organic seed production, quality assurance, enterprise development, and commercializing new varieties (e.g. alternative approaches to intellectual property)
- Understanding the economics of seed production
- Timely policy and advocacy topics that are essential to expanding organic seed systems and that are in need or more clarity, strategy, and discussion
Proposals must be submitted by July 24, 2017.