This will be a winter to remember, and not just because of the snow. OSA attended a number of inspiring organic and sustainable agriculture conferences this past winter (November 2018 – March 2019) that took us coast-to-coast and to states in between.
Earlier this year, our team delivered seed education, research updates, and policy perspectives at these seven events:
- The Northeast Organic Farmers Association New York Winter Conference in Saratoga Springs, NY
- The Ecological Farming Association Conference in Asilomar, CA
- The Northern Plains Food and Farming Conference in Fargo, ND
- Organicology, Portland, OR
- Midwest Organic & Sustainable Education Service (MOSES) Winter Conference in LaCrosse, WI
- Mountain West Seed Summit in Santa Fe, NM
- Free the Seeds in Kalispell, MT
Along with our partners Organically Grown Company, the Sustainable Food Trade Association and Oregon Tilth, we co-hosted Organicology, a biennial celebration of the broader organic movement held in years opposite OSA’s Organic Seed Growers Conference. Check out this video of the seed swap at Organicology, and save the date for the 10th Organic Seed Growers Conference.
Supporting regional seed efforts across the country is critical to our mission, particularly to increasing the number of farmers growing seed, enhancing access to diverse and regionally adapted varieties, and growing the national supply of organic seed.
Many thanks to hosting organizations and to everyone who partnered with us or attended our panel discussions, presentations, workshops, seed swap tables, or booths!