Sign below if you believe that policy makers should #LeadWithSeed in the next Farm Bill!
Dear Members of Congress,
The undersigned individuals and groups ask you to center seed in the next farm bill by ensuring that this living, natural resource – and fundamental input for American agriculture – remains accessible and diverse for the sake of food security, future generations, and our collective climate resilience.
Equitable and resilient seed systems are the foundation of a healthy food system. We call on Congress to ensure that seed systems in the United States are:
- Free from corporate control and managed by the people, not the patent holder
- Regionally adapted to help mitigate the impacts of climate change
- Freely shaped by communities of origin
- Contributing to the common good, including public plant breeding and research
- Readily accessible within the public domain
- Helping organic growers meet regulatory requirements and serve their markets
- Free from GMO contamination
We appreciate your work on the next Farm Bill and hope you will consult Organic Seed Alliance’s 2023 Policy Platform for Seed as a roadmap for ensuring an equitable and resilient seed supply.